Bug Log is a document that showing the number of defect such as open, closed,postpone,reopen or deferred of a particular module.
Author Archive: Vikas
Test Engineer working on Manual as well as Automation testing.
Founder of sqtlab.com
It is a process to measure the system response time under the normal and peak load conditions.Simply we can say-load test judge the capacity of an system and to ensure that at what point the system response time will degrade.
Load testing tool:-
5.Telerik Test Studio
High level test cases covers the major functionality like flow of the application and data base test cases.
Low level test cases covers the User Interface of the application. How a user can easy interact with the application.
Entry criteria start when testing process comes in system. Steps involved in this phase
1. BRS (Business Requirement Specification)
2. SRS (System Requirement Specification)
3. FRS (Functional Requirement Specification)
4. Use case
5. Test Case
6. Test Procedure
Exit criteria refer when the whole testing process is completed and application is ready to release.Steps involved in this phase
1. Test Plan
2. Test Case
3. Test Results
4. Test Summary Report
5. Defect Analysis report
A well software test design consists of number of steps that describe the whole test design structure in detailed.
1. Test strategy
2. Test planning
3. Test case design
4. Test procedure
5. Test result document
1. Test strategy
The first stage is Preparation of a test strategy. A test strategy is a statement of the overall approach to testing, identifying what levels of testing are to be applied and the methods, technique and tool to be used.
2. Test plan
The next stage of the test design is the development of the test plan. What the item to be tested, at what level they will be tested, what sequence they are to be tested in,
A test plan may be depend on project:
Acceptance test plan
System test plan
Integration test plan
Unit test plan
3. Test case design
Test case should be design in such a way as to uncover easily many errors as possible. They should evaluate the program be using the producing input and output are both correct and incorrect.
Once the test plan for a level of testing has been written, the next stage of test design is to specify a set of test cases or test paths for each item to be tested as that level. A number of test cases will be identified for each item to be tested at each level of testing.
The objective of the test case design is to test the entire module and then the whole system as completely possible using a reasonable wide range of conditions.
The test case may be documented with the test plan.
4. Test procedure
The final stage of test design is to implement a set of test cases as a test procedure specifying the exact process to be followed to conduct each of the test cases. This is fairly straight forward process. Which can be equated to designing unit of the code from higher level functional description?
Test procedure should always be separate item, because they contain a great deal of details threat is irrelevant to software specification.
5. Test result documentation
When test are executed, the output of each test execution should be recorded in a test result file. These results are then assessed against criteria in the test specification to determine the overall outcome of a test.
Each test execution should also be noted in a test log. A test log contains records of when each test has been executed, the outcome of each test execution, and may also include key observation made during test execution.
A test report will summaries the result of testing and documents any analysis.
Software testing is a process of executing a program with the intention of finding error in the code.In which evaluating the system of system component by manually or with the help of automation tools. Like: qtp, selenium, test director and others.
There are mainly two types of software testing
- Execution-based testing: the module is run against test cases
- Non Execution- based testing: the module is reviewed by a team. It is also known as a static
There are basically two type of execution based testing
- Black- box testing: We don’t have knowledge of internal code. It’s also known as functional testing. The tester knows the inputs and doesn’t know the outcomes.
- White- box testing: The code is itself tested without regard of specifications. (Also known as glass box, structural, clear box, open box path oriented testing, logic driven testing.
Bug Tracking Format contains the following steps:
- Defect Id: Unique recognition of the Defect.
- Test Case Id: Test case recognition for that defect.
- Description: Complete description of the bug.
- Defect Submitted By: Name of the tester who detected and reported the bug.
- Assigned To: Name of the concern developer who would solve or fix the bug.
- Date of Submission: Date at which the bug was detected and reported.
- Severity: Level of severity of the defect.
- Priority:Priority of fixing the bug.
- Status: This field displays current status of the bug.
Bug can be defined as the abnormal behavior of the software. Bug detecting and elimination depends upon the proficiency of testing done on the software. In software development process, the bug has a life cycle. This is the standardized process . The bug attains different states in the life cycle.
Steps of bug life cycle:
1. New: When the bug is logged first, at that time the status will be “NEW”.
2. Open:When the bug is found ,than the status will be “open”.
3. Assign:When the bug assigns to the corresponding developer then the status will be “ASSIGN”.
4. Deferred:When the bug is not important to fix immediately then the project lead can set the bug status as deferred.
5. Rejected: If the bug is not genuine according th the developer,and he rejects the bug. Then the status of the bug willbe “REJECTED”.
6. Test: Once the developer fixes the bug,then he has to assign the bug to the testing team and the status of bug will be “TEST”.
8. Verified: In this phase the tester tests the bug. If the bug is not present in the software,then he approves that the bug is fixed and the status will be“VERIFIED”.
9. Reopened: If the bug is still exists after fixing then the status will be “REOPENED”.In this phase the whole process traverses again.
10. Closed: According to the tester if the bug is no longer exists then the status will be”CLOSED”.
Test case document designed by the tester it is based on the SRS document. Test case is the way of how to describe a particular task. And this is the responsibility of a tester to generate the test cases which describe the overall flow of the application. It is the sequence of the step to test the behavior of the application. There are two types of test cases. 1. Positive test case 2.Negative test case. Both are used to detect the bug from the application.A test case document describes an input data, or event and its expected result, in order to determine if a feature of an application is working correctly.
Format of test case such as a
1. Test case ID—–01
2. Test case name—–Login page Verification
3. Input data requirements ——Enter Login recommendation Click on “login” button.
4. Test Case Description—–User should enter the valid “login” credentials.
5. Expected result—–Verify that user is successfully login to “Home” page.
6. Actual Result—–After execution.
7. Test Case Status—–(Pass/Fail)