Bug can be defined as the abnormal behavior of the software. Bug detecting and elimination depends upon the proficiency of testing done on the software. In software development process, the bug has a life cycle. This is the standardized process . The bug attains different states in the life cycle.
Steps of bug life cycle:
1. New: When the bug is logged first, at that time the status will be “NEW”.
2. Open:When the bug is found ,than the status will be “open”.
3. Assign:When the bug assigns to the corresponding developer then the status will be “ASSIGN”.
4. Deferred:When the bug is not important to fix immediately then the project lead can set the bug status as deferred.
5. Rejected: If the bug is not genuine according th the developer,and he rejects the bug. Then the status of the bug willbe “REJECTED”.
6. Test: Once the developer fixes the bug,then he has to assign the bug to the testing team and the status of bug will be “TEST”.
8. Verified: In this phase the tester tests the bug. If the bug is not present in the software,then he approves that the bug is fixed and the status will be“VERIFIED”.
9. Reopened: If the bug is still exists after fixing then the status will be “REOPENED”.In this phase the whole process traverses again.
10. Closed: According to the tester if the bug is no longer exists then the status will be”CLOSED”.
Category: Bug Life Cycle